Tampa Bay Research Institute, Inc. (TBRI)
—a 501(c)(3) biomedical research organization—
- TBRI was established in 1981 as the first not-for-profit biomedical research organization of its kind in Florida
- Scientists at TBRI pioneered the discovery of the relationship between virus infections and cancer
- Over a dozen patents have been issued to TBRI for its discoveries related to the immune system
- TBRI is researching ways to boost the effectiveness of vaccines
- More than 70 doctoral and post-doctoral scientists have been trained at TBRI
- TBRI was awarded the first HIV/AIDS study grant in Florida
- Scientists at TBRI have been published in over 100 scientific publications
- TBRI has hosted eight (8) international scientific symposiums
TBRI’s mission is to study, cure and prevent cancer and other debilitating diseases.
- We are dedicated to increasing the longevity and quality of life.
- We enjoy forming collaborations and partnerships with other organizations as essential elements of our research.
- We are committed to providing community health education and wellness programs.