End-of-Year Planning Checklist
Now is a good time to review and update your wills, trusts and estate plans. To help you, we have created the following checklist of estate planning actions for you to review as the end of the year rolls closer.
- Review your current will and trusts. These may need to be updated because of major changes in your life, such as births or deaths, a move to another state, etc.
- Review the beneficiary designations for your life insurance and retirement plans to make sure your beneficiary isn't someone who is now deceased or a former spouse.
- Make sure your durable power of attorney for health care and living will are current.
- Be sure you are comfortable with the guardian named in your will for those under your care, such as minor children or a loved one who is disabled.
- Take inventory and make a written record of the contents of any safe-deposit box. Give a copy to a trusted family member and note any items that you are holding for someone else that don't belong to you.
For more information, contact Tom Taggart at 727-576- 6675 or email@example.com. or your Estate Planning professional.